CakePHP is a rapid development framework for PHP that provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying web applications. Using commonly known design patterns like MVC(Model, View, Controller) and ORM(Object Relational Mapping) within the convention over configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces development costs and helps developers write less code.
HOT CakePHP FEATURES:
- No Configuration – Set-up the database and let the magic begin
- Extremely Simple – Just look at the name…It’s Cake
- Active, Friendly Community – Join us #cakephp on IRC. We’d love to help you get started.
- Flexible License – Distributed under the MIT License
- Clean IP – Every line of code was written by the CakePHP development team
- Best Practices – covering security, authentication, and session handling, among the many other features.
- OO – Whether you are a seasoned object-oriented programmer or a beginner, you’ll feel comfortable
The good people at CakePHP have been kind enough to put together a list of recent Cake web apps. To See who been backing Cake lately, Click Here and scroll down to the section that reads “Just baked”. They have also put together a bunch of screen casts to help you out along your baking journey and they can be viewed Right Here.
If you enjoyed this article please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.
Previous Post: Open Source Web Design, OSWD, Download Free Website Templates
Next Post: 11 Inspirational and Well Designed Logos to Inspire Your Next Project
You May Also Enjoy One Of These Posts:
- Code Igniter is a Free & Open Source Web Application Framework for Developing Kick Ass PHP Programs
- PSPad is an AWESOME FreeWare Windows Based Text Editor/IDE for Many Programming Languages
- PrestaShop™ is a professional free PHP driven open-source e-Commerce shopping cart
- Completely Free Ways to Check if Your Website’s HTML Web Pages are Compliant & Valid With W3 Standards