Blender is a free and open source suite of tools that enable the creation of and replay of linear and real-time, interactive 3D content. It offers full functionality for modeling, rendering, animation, post-production and game creation and playback with the added benefit of cross-platform operability (Windows, Mac, Linux, IRIX, Solaris, NetBSD, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD).
Blender is aimed at both media professionals and creative individual users. It can be used to create commercials and other broadcast quality linear content. It has a robust feature set similar in scope and depth to other high-end 3D software such as Softimage|XSI, Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, Lightwave and Maya.
You can grab some truly stellar inspiration with respect to using the blender suite at the Blender gallery. If your you need to know where to begin, the good folks at Blender, have created a huge repository of tutorials for both beginners and experts.
If you enjoyed this article please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.
Previous Post: dnScoop is a Free Online Tool to Estimate Your Established Domain or Website
Next Post: PicResize.com Resizes, Shrinks, & Crops Your Images Online For Free
You May Also Enjoy One Of These Posts:
- Open Office is the Free & Open Source Alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
- Open Source Web Design, OSWD, Download Free Website Templates
- Gliffy is an Online Flow Chart & Diagram Software Suite at Gliffy.com.
- GIMP (Free Adobe PhotoShop) is the Best Free Open Source Image Manipulation Software Available, PERIOD
- Jahshaka is a Full Feature Free and Open Source Video Editing Software Suite