Flow Player considers itself to be YouTube’s video player’s big brother, and they very good reason to think so.
Today, most of the World Wide Web’s video activity occurs strictly on YouTube.com. Even videos that are placed on your own personal websites are often shown using the YouTube video player. The drawback with this is that people are escaping your website and watching more videos hosted on YouTube. Its hard enough to develop new site traffic without having to give it away to other YouTube video producers. Additionally the YouTube logo is highly visible on every single video you produced and host on YouTube.
Flow Player is a free and open source solution to this problem. With Flow Player you can host and proudly display your own videos in any number of ways. The folks over at Flow Player are always developing new and interesting plugins to make your visitors’ video viewing much more enjoyable. You can customize your Flow Player install in any number of ways(see demos for examples). And if you feel like you need a little help with optimizing Flow Player, click here for some tutorials.
If you enjoyed this article please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.
Previous Post: Gliffy is an Online Flow Chart & Diagram Software Suite at Gliffy.com.
Next Post: Code Igniter is a Free & Open Source Web Application Framework for Developing Kick Ass PHP Programs
You May Also Enjoy One Of These Posts:
- Songbird is a Cross Platform Free & Open Source Desktop Media Player Designed for the World Wide Web
- Completely Free Ways to Check if Your Website’s HTML Web Pages are Compliant & Valid With W3 Standards
- GIMP (Free Adobe PhotoShop) is the Best Free Open Source Image Manipulation Software Available, PERIOD
- Jahshaka is a Full Feature Free and Open Source Video Editing Software Suite
- CamStudio is a Free and Open Source Alternative to Camtasia for making ScreenCasts (Screen Capture Movies)- SAVE 300 USD