GIMP (Free Adobe PhotoShop) is the Best Free Open Source Image Manipulation Software Available, PERIOD
Ok…Today’s Living Under a Rock article is about GIMP, free and open source image editing software. GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, and to best describe GIMP, you would basically have to call it a free and open source Adobe Photoshop.
If you are used to Photoshop and switch to GIMP it might take you some time to get used to the different user interface, but over a couple of days you’ll begin to fall in love with it and refuse to go back. The huge drawl to GIMP over Photoshop is the massive saving. I mean I’m talking about hundreds of dollars here.
With GIMP you can edit pretty much any image type and create pretty much any type as well. If you created a PSD in Photoshop you can edit it in GIMP and keep all the layer attributes as well. You can create ico images for favicons and desktop icons. You can also easily create website templates with GIMP.
If you enjoyed this article please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.
Previous Post: The Free & Open Source Web Browser, Firefox is the faster, more secure, and fully customizable way to surf the web
Next Post: Open Office is the Free & Open Source Alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
You May Also Enjoy One Of These Posts:
- Free Online Watermarking Tool to Keep Your Images & Photos Secure
- Jahshaka is a Full Feature Free and Open Source Video Editing Software Suite
- Instantly Create a 3D, CD, or DVD box Image Online For Free
- PicResize.com Resizes, Shrinks, & Crops Your Images Online For Free
- Icon Archive Is A Collection Of Over 23,400 High Quality Icons For Windows, Macintosh And Linux Systems